The aims of the P&C Community and Environment Committee are to:
- Provide a forum for parents to discuss ways to improve the school’s physical environment in line with sustainability principles where possible and give support to student led environmental initiatives.
- Provide an opportunity for parents to help connect the school with the community and vice versa, enabling the school to increase its profile through community collaboration, giving the student a sense of inclusion.
- Investigate funding opportunities including grants for student committee initiated projects and provide practical support for grant applications.
The Community and Environment Committee have been involved in several projects since it commenced. 2016 highlights include:
- Securing a GreenNSchools Grant for the Kitchen Garden, which is particularly valuable for the Food Tech students on the 4th level.
- Establishing hedging plants along the Pacific Highway side of the school, which was achieved through collaboration with parents both in sourcing the plants and the physical job of planting them.
There are many more opportunities, particularly through securuing grants funding. The Committee is looking for enthusiastic parents, particularly those with report writing/grant application experience, to assist with the task of raising funds to enhance the experience for all at Cammeraygal High School.
If any parents have contacts with community events or causes which the students may be interested in supporting, please raise with the Committee for discussion.
To contact the committee, email: email@example.com